Monday, January 14, 2008

Australian Open

Djokovic took the game by storm as he emerged as the man most likely to break the grand slam duopoly held by Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal, Murray was plagued by a series of back and wrist injuries. However, Djokovic - the Australian Open's ninth seed - believes Murray only needs to stay healthy to break into the top five. "I think that's realistic, in my opinion, because he's very talented player and he has a lot of potential," said Djokovic, who was born seven days after Murray. "I have known him all my life. Last year he had these problems with the injuries. It was not easy for him to hang in there. He almost reached the Masters. He was just one match away. "He wants to prove himself. I think he's going to make it. "Of course, if he stays clear of the injuries and remains healthy, he has all the elements and all the things he needs to be there, to be a top-five player. "I think he proved that many times in the past two years." Murray's name was not, though, among those nominated by Federer and former world number one Lleyton Hewitt as the player to beat at Melbourne Park.

No comments:

 
ss_blog_claim=641054d9dbc89d03f8e9dcdf30ec9f3a